If I had a nickel for every time I read a message board post or hear a fan comment on the “disrespect” of the Falcons in the national media I’d have about $1.20 (takes a lot of nickels to build revenue).
But that doesn’t change the fact that, when it comes to one piece of recognition, fans have a vote.
Two Falcons went to the annual all-star game last season: Michael Turner and Roddy White. Fan voting isn’t the only factor in selection (players and coaches also get a vote), but it can build publicity.
These numbers will change, but take note of a few Falcons who could be featured on Pro Bowl ballots across the country:
- Roddy White — Leads team with 33 catches for 435 yards and five touchdowns.
- Michael Turner — Leads team with 118 carries for 403 yards and seven touchdowns
- Matt Ryan — A Pro Bowl alternate last year, currently has 11 touchdown passes, six interceptions and a 90.2 passer rating.
- John Abraham — Tied for team lead with three sacks.
- Curtis Lofton — Team leader with 49 solo tackles, two passes defensed and two forced fumbles.
- Tony Gonzalez — A new favorite target of Ryan’s, currently has 33 catches and three touchdowns.
- Mike Peterson — Four tackles for loss, an interception, a sack, four passes defensed and two forced fumbles.